Okay, I’ve decided to write out a list of weird things about me for Miabear. We don’t get to spend nearly enough time together and miss each other terribly. She thinks my quirks are a sparkly thing, not weird, and wanted to know more. So, I made this list and figured I’d share it here.
• I have to favorite quotes. 1. “Wise men say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.” Michelangelo, the Ninja Turtle. 2. “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking up at the stars.” Oscar Wilde.
• I eat pizza in a very systematic way. So much so that I don’t eat it in public and I have often heard this phrase “w…w…what is it….exactly, that you’re doing?” and Kitty and Flutterby have pre-prepared arguments for this conversation. I don’t know why I do it, I just do.
• I have absolutely no problem going to bed in my blue jeans. In fact, because I used to drop wherever from exhaustion, it became a habit that carries on to this day and drives Kitty up the walls in aggravation. It in no way bothers me or affects my sleep.
• I slept with a teddy bear until I was 21 and still would if someone hadn’t stolen him (his name was Q. Reese Duncan) to break me of the habit. Woe is him or her if I ever discover who it was.
• I once had a collection of bouncy balls I bought one at a time from a machine in WalMart. I got a new one every time I went for a year and some months. I kept them in a fish bowl.
• I know every line from every Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie (aside from the new one, haven’t gotten to see it yet) including the songs.
• Raphael was my favorite.
• I have a weird thing about numbers, certain ones I avoid and others I go to/choose/whatever the situation may be.
• I have a lot of strange superstitions. No one else in my family is superstitious.
• There is a song that, should I hear it, worries me. Every time I have ever heard it, something bad has followed. Every single time, without fail.
• I like Seal. Screw you, Let Me Roll is good shit.
• One Christmas, while my mom was trying to curb my “lesbian tendencies” she bought me an Ani DiFranco CD. I know it’s a terrible stereotype but I find it hilarious.
• 32 Flavors is my favorite song of hers.
• I would bet money I can recognize Don Henley’s voice with noise cancelling ear muffs on.
• I buy marbles. To play with them. Yes, I know the actual games and I’m not bad at it.
• I have never bowled. As a small child I watched the game, said “I know I’m going to suck at this” and walked away. I have no regrets.
• I hate the taste of beer, I will not drink it. I would, however, like to make it. Just to see if I can.
• There is almost, nearly always, another plot for another story in my head at any given time.
• I don’t have a style. If I could have my old wardrobe back it would seem like a costume closet. I just feel like dressing that way that day.
• I feel that most girls have a type of clothing or accessory that they horde for themselves. Most people believe it to be shoes, you know the stereotype. I collect underwear, preferably matching sets. I used to have three drawers full in all styles. I have no idea why.
• I enjoy being pale, I do it on purpose. I may glow in the dark but I look younger than I am, don’t I?
• I get told, when my hair is long, that I look like Wednesday Addams. I get that *a lot*. In fact, this conversation happened at work one day, with me and two guys.
Guy 1: You know who you look like?
Me: Christina Ricci?
Guy 1: No, Wednesday Addams.
Guy 2: That’s stupid, she does not. She looks like that girl from Casper.
Yeah, that happened. It’s the wide forehead and dark hair as best as I can tell.
• I can not dance, it is one of nature’s laws. However, if you get me drunk, you’ve got your loophole. No one can figure it out.
• *whispers* I once had a serious boy band phase for only one reason. Everyone else was doing it.
• I fangirl. Oh, yes, I do. If pushed, I can rabid fangirl. I may or may not have squealed like a banshee when Anne Rice announced the release of Prince Lestat. You can’t prove it, I was alone when I found out. Armand is my favorite, if you’re wondering and I would have been a Black in Slytherin. I know way more about both than I should.
• The Cha Cha Slide. I have to do it. I care not where I am.
• If people are staring too much in a public place, I will do something to make them look away. I’ve blown kisses, shrieked, and barked among other things. It’s rude to stare, I don’t like it.
• I can not make a pie crust. Luckily, Pillsbury has my back. I roll with the Pillsbury dough boy.
• Dean Winchester is my hero.
• I play solitaire with real cards in hand because I’m passing time. I play solitaire on the computer because I want to win and stop the cards at a certain spot.
That’s all for now, please, if you can relate- let me know in the comments.